CHEMICAL NAME: Pitocin, syntocinom
USE: Used to induced labour or strengthen labour contraction during childbirth and stimulate uterine.
ACTION: Uterine contraction and lactation, mammary gland stimulate.
DOSE: IV or IM-5-10 units (infusion)
- To induced or stimulate labour.
- To reduce postpartum bleeding abortion.
- Incomplete or Inavitable bleeding abortion
- Uterine rupture
- Invasive cervical carcinoma
- Active herpes genitalia
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach pain
- Patient maintain adequate fluid balanced with drug therapy.
- Patient does not develop edema.
- Patient and family state understanding of during therapy.
- Check the vitals like temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration.